Thursday 30 July 2009

Class one: off the mark

This evening the first Nine Trades class was held at the DCA printmaking workshop. Myself and two colleagues took part, and we were shown the basics of the screenprinting process. Although I'd done this during my art degree I'd forgotten much of the technique so I was as good as starting from scratch. My HBOS colleagues really took to it like the proverbial ducks to water, and produced a series of flat 'ground' blocks of colour with all the assurance of seasoned professionals. Next week we'll move on to composing the actual prints to be made from our workplace doodles, but they're already keen to sign up for classes beyond the basics being taught for Nine Trades. It's been a great start to the project and bodes well for what's due to happen over the coming weeks.






No comments:

Post a Comment